Stream the new record
Music Video (pword: gmoh)
SATURDAY, MAY 6 - BOWERY ELECTRIC - NEW YORK, NY
+ Full Length Bio
Scholastic songstress Amy Allen is “the new it girl.” The Portland, Maine native now Brooklyn-dwelling artist is gearing up to release her full length album of "pop gold” tunes you can rock out to.
Compared to Allen’s previous releases, Get Me Outta Here! is more rock-centric and slightly darker - both lyrically and sonically - with the same sentimental and contemplative undertones, but it's larger and louder. The record is best described as thought-provoking pop with a classic-rock backbone. Each song nods to the notion of being emotionally trapped in a situation or mindset of your own fault, and dealing with the fact that you’re the only one who can get yourself out.
Equal parts vulnerable and tongue and cheek, there’s honesty in Allen’s songwriting that is missing in today’s Top 40. Introspective, handcrafted lyrics tackle the big, pondering ideas of 20-somethings and their angst, and break them down into tangible, relatable emotions. A true 90s child, Allen’s vocal delivery feels like a conversation between ex-lovers, navigating the waters of complex and often conflicting emotions. The music is brooding yet unquestionably pop, perfectly marrying sun and sadness and nodding to some of Allen's earliest (and diverse) influencers like Everclear, The Ronettes, The Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, The Smiths, Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Cardigans, and the Pretenders, among others.
On naming the new album, Allen says “I chose Get Me Outta Here! because that feeling of restlessness mixed with anxiety and frustration is a sentiment that threads its way through the entire record. I also love that it sounds like a classic movie title, a la “Can’t Buy Me Love” or “That Thing You Do!”
Allen released her most recent EP, TandeMania, as Amy & The Engine in winter of 2015 to rave reviews from the Northeast’s most beloved music curators and national press. The record, which premiered on Consequence of Sound, helped land nominations for the New England Music Award’s Best Songwriter, Best New Act, Pop Act of the Year, and The New England Deli’s Pop Act of the Year, in addition to opening for national acts Vance Joy, Guster, Kacey Musgraves, Rachel Platten and more.
The newly Boston turned NYC-based songstress gets down with a worldly group of men she befriended while attending Berklee College of Music. Her band consists of lead guitarist Vinny da Silva from Londrina, Brazil, and surf-loving drummer Mano Ruiz from Lima, Peru.
Amy Allen is set to release "Get Me Outta Here!" in early summer of 2017.
+ SHORT BIO
Songstress Amy Allen is gearing up to release her new record Get Me Outta Here in early summer of 2017. The Brooklyn-living, Portland, Maine native's music is best described as "classic rock muscle with meaningful lyrics." Backed by worldy musicians she met while Berklee College of Music, the group holds nominations for Best New Act, Best Songwriter and Pop Act of the Year, across The Deli Magazine and the New England Music Awards.
"Stands out vibrantly... Bringing poptimism to the masses… An ode to the potential of Top 40" - Consequence of Sound
“...groovy girl-group melodies, catchy hooks, peppy pop, classic rock muscle and meaningful lyrics… (a) delectable debut” - The Huffington Post
"...Jams, you can totally rock out to (Amy Allen)." - Twist Magazine
"Sunny pop and hair-blowing-in-the-wind rock" - Earmilk
“...Everyone is swooning for the new acoustic pop It Girl.” - Blackbook Magazine
“….Infectious indie pop. The group is clearly one of the best on the (New England) circuit.”- MassLive
"Allen's pop-driven undertones... make for some killer tunes." -Nylon
“Pitch-perfect modern pop that sounds like little else on top forty radio.” - Vanyaland
"Infatuated and obsessed (with Amy Allen)" - Impose Magazine
"Fantastic radio-ready indie pop gem." - Ultimate Music
"Poised for imminent pop success" - The Patriot Ledger
"Brings folk pop to new heights" - Bandsintown
"Delicious pop, tempered by a melancholy indie-rock undercurrent... a tremendous set of songs.” - The Boston Herald
"Catchy indie pop" - Pop Goes the Charts
“Irresistibly charming” - The Key WXPN
“It’s pop gold, and I love it.” - Maine Today
"It was Amy's voice and the way she could treat a melody. Stood out right away." - Guster
"TandeMania is the epitome of “happy music,” with sounds so warm, lush and vibrant, you’ll feel optimistic for the future, no matter how bleak it is.” - Portland Phoenix
“Great music… We’re sold.” - Teen Vogue
“You’d be hard-pressed to find many indie pop bands out there… like Amy.” - Sound of Boston
“...A driving force behind Boston’s emerging indie-pop scene.” - Trill
“Stellar… absolutely electric energy — they made Sofar Sounds Providence history by being the first ever to play an encore.” - The Blognonian
“Timeless… Catchy pop-rock… killer hooks… And most of all, simply well-written songs.” - Geoff Wilbur, music writer
"(Amy Allen) is a force to be reckoned with." - Independent Artist Buzz
"Powerful creations and vocals" - Aipate
+ HIGHLIGHTS & AWARDS
2017 + 2016 Canadian Music Week, 2014 + 2015 CMJ Showcases, VH1 Save the Music Benefit Concert
Open/Support for national acts: Guster, Kacey Musgraves, Vance Joy, Rachel Platten, The Mowglis, Steep Canyon Rangers, Scars on 45, Kaleo, Tyler Ward, Cody Simpson, Anna Nalick, Emile Sande, SHEL, Rosco Bandana, Don McLean, Salt n Peppa, Chris Young, Emily King, Ben Taylor, Jonathan Edwards
Exclusive features and press: Consequence of Sound, Huffington Post, Entertainment Weekly, Teen Vogue, Baeble Music, Blackbook Magazine, The Boston Herald
Best Pop Act of the Year Nominee | New England Music Awards Pop Act of the Year Nominee | New England Deli Best New Act of the Year Nominee | New England Music Awards Best Songwriter Nominee | New England Music Awards Best New Act | The Portland Phoenix 2x Best Female Vocalist | The Portland Phoenix SESAC Young Artist Award 2015 CMJ Music Marathon Must-See Band | Sonicbids 2016 Band to Watch | Sound of Boston
"Arrows" #13 song of 2015 | The Boston Herald "Patience" Top Ten Of 2015 | The Portland Press Herald "Love Me" Top 10 Taking Off Chart | All Access "Love Me" Ten Most Played and Most Favorite ’This Is 617’ Songs of 2015 | Vanyaland "Last Forever" Valentine's Day Playlist | Sonicbids
Below is a list of all shows for 2017, 2016 and 2015. New shows are constantly added.
- 9.22.17 @ Private
- 9.16.17 @ Biddeford River Jam - Biddeford, ME
- 7.29.17 @ Mercury Lounge - NY, NY
- 6.11.17 @ Old Port Festival, WCLZ Stage - Portland, ME
- 5.6.17 @ Bowery Electric - NY, NY
- 4.21.17 @ Sofar Sounds - Syracuse, NY
- 4.20.17 @ Canadian Music Week, The Night Owl - Toronto, ON
- 3.29.17 @ National Cherry Blossom Festival - Washington DC
- 3.18.17 @ Sofar Sounds - New York, NY
- 2.11.17 @ Bitter End - NY, NY
- 1.17.17 @ Bowery Electric - NY, NY
- 2/13 @ The Sinclair, YLC Fenway Health Party - Cambridge, MA
- 3/6 @ Sofar Sounds - Providence, RI
- 3/10 @ Ralph's Rock Diner - Worcester, MA
- 3/24 @ Sofar Sounds - Portland ME
- 4/20 @ Sofar Sounds - Milwaukee, WI
- 4/21 @ Sofar Sounds - Chicago, IL
- 4/22 @ Sofar Sounds - Indianapolis, IN
- 4/23 @ Sofar Sounds - St. Louis, MO
- 4/24 @ Sofar Sounds - Nashville, TN
- 5/31 @ Pianos - NYC
- 8/13 @ The Middle East - Cambridge, MA
- 10/10 @ The Delancy - NYC, NY
- 11/2 @ Sofar Sounds - NYC, NY
- 2/21 @ 2016 Lewiston Ice Festival - Lewiston, ME
- 3/12 @ 2016 Wachusett Mountain Polar Beverages Orson Open - Wachusett, MA
- 5/4 @ 2016 Canadian Music Week - Toronto, CAN
- 6/9 @ 2016 Jimmy Fund Scooper Bowl - Boston, MA
- 6/11 @ 2016 Kennebunkport Festival - Kennebunkport, ME
- 6/12 @ 2016 Old Port Festival w/ Scars on 45 - Portland, ME
- 6/16 @ ALEX AND ANI Summer Concert Series - Little Compton, RI
- 6/18 @ 2016 Quechee Balloon Festival - Quechee, VT
- 6/24 @ SITC Lawn on D Summer Concert Series - Boston, MA
- 7/2 @ Fort Aqua - Providence, RI
- 7/9 @ Waterfront Concert Series - Bath, ME
- 7/10 @ The Legion Concert Series - Bar Harbor, ME
- 7/14 @ UConn Summer on the Square - Mansfield, CT
- 7/27 @ SITC Harvard Medical Summer Concert Series - Boston, MA
- 8/25 @ Waterville Summer Concert Series - Waterville, ME
- 9/11 @ Adventure Jam - Woodbury, CT
- 9/17 @ The 2016 Yellow Dog Music Festival w/ Cody Simpson - Cape Cod, MA
- 9/24 @ 92.5 The River River Ruckus - Haverhill, MA
- 9/24 @ 2016 Stargaze Music Festival - Barrington, NH
- 9/25 @ 2016 Allston Village Street Fair - Allston, MA
SPECIAL APPEARANCES 2016
- 1/28 @ Boston Magazine "Best Bostonians" - Boston, MA
- 3/4 @ MAMM Girls Rock, Port City Music Hall - Portland, ME
- 5/14 @ Radio 92.9-FM Battle of the Bands EarthFest - Boston, MA
- 5/26 @ B Good Store Opening - Bedford, MA
- 8/4 @ Jackson Browne Dedication - Boston, MA
- 8/9 @ Boston Magazine Presents The Cue - Boston, MA
- 9/23 @ Frontier, Mid Coast Hunger Prevention Program & WCLZ - Brunswick, ME
- 9/27 @ HUBWeek - Boston, MA
- 12/4 @ New England Patriots Game - Foxborough, MA
- 1/21 @ The Middle East - Cambridge, MA
- 2/28 @ Hard Rock Cafe - Boston, MA
- 4/2 @ Church - Boston, MA
- 5/2 @ The Red Room - Boston, MA
- 6/13 @ Portland House of Music - Portland, ME
- 6/30 @ Middle East - Cambridge, MA
- 7/29 @ Red Room - Boston, MA
- 9/12 @ The Bowery Electric - NYC
- 9/21 @ University of Maine - Orono, ME
- 10/11 @ Brighton Music Hall w/ Steep Canyon Rangers - Allston, MA
- 11/6 @ Calvin Theatre w/ Guster - Northampton, MA
- 11/17 @ The Spot w/ The Mowglis - Boston, MA
- 11/30 @ Brighton Music Hall w/ Jared & The Mill, Air Traffic Controller - Allston, MA
- 12/18 @ The Red Room w/ Tyler Ward - Boston, MA
SPECIAL APPEARANCES 2015
- 2/18 @ Heavy Rotation Records' 15th Annual Epic Event, Berklee Performance Center - Boston, MA
- 4/18 @ 2015 New England Music Awards - Foxborough, MA
- 5/29 @ Sonicbids Office Gig (Private) - Boston, MA
- 6/4 @ Summertime at the Street - Chestnut Hill, MA
- 6/9 @ WCSH-TV "This Is 207" - Portland, ME
- 6/28 @ WXLZ Boston Emissions Radio - Boston, MA
- 7/10 @ Citywide Blackout WEMF Radio - Boston, MA
- 7/16 @ WPKQ-FM The Peak - Portland, ME
- 7/18 @ The Armory - Sommerville, MA
- 11/17 @ WBOS-FM Radio 92.9 In Studio - Boston, MA
- 11/21 @ 2015 Faneuil Hall Tree Lighting Spectacular - Boston, MA
- 12/1 @ WCLZ-FM In Studio - Portland, ME
- 12/6 @ New England Patriots Pregame - Foxborugh, MA
- 4/18 @ Downeast Cider Fest - Boston, MA
- 5/3 @ 2015 Boston Walk for Hunger - Boston, MA
- 5/24 @2015 Listen Local Festival - Boston, MA
- 6/3 @ 2015 Jimmy Fund Scooper Bowl - Boston, MA
- 6/9 @ 2015 Kennebunkport Festival - Kennebunkport, ME
- 6/14 @ 2015 Old Port Festival w/ Rachel Platten, The Veronicas - Portland, ME
- 6/21 @ 2015 Granite State Music Festival - Concord, NH
- 6/25 @ ALEX AND ANI Summer Concert Series - Little Compton, RI
- 7/4 @ SITC Summer Concert Series - Georges Island, MA
- 7/11 @ 2015 JP Porch Fest - Jamaica Plain, MA
- 7/16 @ Kacey Musgraves - Portland, ME
- 7/19 @ Tuckerman's Brewery Company Concert Series - North Conway, NH
- 7/26 @ 2015 FITZ FEST - Allston, MA
- 8/1 @ Maine Lobster Festival w/ Don McLean - Rockland, ME
- 8/7 @ Northampton Summer Concert Series - Northampton, MA
- 8/21 @ 2015 Boston GreenFest - Boston, MA
- 8/27 @ Boston Harbor Islands Presents - Boston, MA
- 9/20 @ 2015 stArt on the Street Festival - Worcester, MA
- 9/26 @ 2015 Boston Freedom Rally - Boston, MA
- 10/9 @ 2015 HUBWeek Boston - Boston, MA
- 10/13 @ CMJ 2015 - NYC
- 11/7 @ 2016 Maine Brewer's Festival - Portland, ME
Photo courtesy of Josefina Santos Even though heartache sucks, it can make for some killer tunes. And this time, rising pop artist Amy Allen has supplied us with an '80s-inspired tune to which we can all sob. Today, NYLON debuts Amy Allen's newest release, "I Had You," off of her forthcoming EP, Get Me Outta Here!, which is out this summer.
Studio 52 is a community artist space located in the heart of Allston, and is proud to support the Boston music scene and local artist community. Sometimes, in both life and pop music, you need to become your own engine.
Fresh on the pop scene, Amy Allen is already looking very promising.Her new single, "Chasing Jenny", is a great taste of what is to come, and will have listeners yearning for more.Her voice is absolutely addicting.Her vocals are very distinctive and will be a standout amongst others in the pop scene.
Hi Amy, welcome to VENTS! How have you been? Hi! I have been insanely busy but so good, which is the best way to be, right? Can you talk to us more about your latest single "Chasing Jenny"? Yeah, so the EP is called Get Me Outta Here!
Hailing from Portland, Maine, Brooklyn-based pop art Amy Allen is about to share her new full-length record, Get Me Outta Here! We're stoked to premiere the singer-songwriter's newest effort, "Whatcha Do," one of the spunkiest, most upbeat rock numbers on the forthcoming album. S
The '90s began with a cultural embracing of grunge music, a style which emphasized a raucous sound that was a drastic alternative to '80s synth-driven pop. By the end of the decade, the antithesis had become the mainstream obsession, catalyzing the rise of pop superstars like Britney Spears.
When you think of entrepreneurs, you probably think of healthy eateries, savvy young businesspeople, and startup software companies. However, an entrepreneur is someone who takes on greater than average financial risks when organizing and running a business. By that definition, an independent artist would certainly fall under the entrepreneur label.
Brooklyn-based singer-songwriter Amy Allen is stepping into the spotlight with her upcoming EP, Get Me Outta Here!, which is basically her coming out party. Mostly known to have written songs for other artists, the young vocalist decided to take her music into her own hands, a decision we can all be thankful for.
I love finding artists that are a little different. I also enjoy getting to chat with them as well. In the case of Amy Allen, the Brooklyn singer/songwriter/artist, it was a great get-to-know-you session. We had the opportunity to chat about her upcoming EP, Get Me Outta Here!, and listening to her songs being played by other artists.
Singer/songwriter Amy Allen has shown nothing but promise with her hit “Get me Outta Here”. Allen is taking the Indie Pop/Rock scene by storm. Holstering a sensational energy, she is a force to be reckoned with. 1. “Get Me Outta Here!” is a great track!
Pop/rock singer-songwriter Amy Allen is preparing to release her new Get Me Outta Here! EP which features a track of the same name as well as new one "Chasing Jenny", which we recommend you listen to and appreciate her powerful creations and vocals. https://soundcloud.com/amyallenmusic/chasing-jenny/
Brooklyn based songstress Amy Allen has just released her new song "Get Me Outta Here!" which serves as the title track for her forthcoming album of the same name. Allen has been writing songs for other artists for years, and is just now coming into her own as a performer, with a distinct blend of sunny pop and hair-blowing-in-the-wind-rock.
Need some new jams that you can totally rock out to? Well, Brooklyn-based pop singer Amy Allen has just debuted her very first single, "Get Me...
Sunday afternoon means it's time for the Record Rewind, highlighting the top new tracks that you might've missed during the work week, all from my favorite independent acts out there. If it's on the site, it's something that you need to check out!
La chanteuse Amy Allen démarre sa carrière avec " Get Me Outta Here! ", un titre léger et dans l'air du temps à découvrir avec aficia. Besoin d'un rafraîchissement ? Alors penchez-vous sur " Get Me Outta Here! ", le premier single d'Amy Allen, une jeune chanteuse new-yorkaise.